The Bindyi Club was formed in 1986 after an announcement placed by Frank Heather (DHS 1931 -1935) in the Sydney Morning Herald. The announcement was answered by 17 ex-students living in Sydney who met later that year and formed a committee to arrange a celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the opening of DHS. A Luncheon was held in Sydney on 19 February, 1987 and 142 students ex-students attended. They agreed that it should be an annual event.
The first Bindyi Club Committee was Bill Neeson (President), Frank Heather (Secretary/ Treasurer), Tom Neeson and Nessie Morrison (Dunbar). Former Principal Bill Gleeson was the patron.
Since 1989, the Vice-Captains of the School (now Dubbo College) have been invited to attend and speak.